mingdao posted on Wed, 06 Nov 2013 14:13:34 -0600 as excerpted:

> Thanks for the detailed explanation, Thomas.
>
> Now, if any one of us turned off OCSP as Michael suggested, what should
> one do after turning it back on? Could there now be certificates trusted
> there which should not be?

AFAIK, no... except possibly for any ongoing connections and any possible
overrides you did during the "off" time.  New connections will
automatically be checked again.

Meanwhile, another question for Thomas.  Is this "certificate stapling"
the same thing google chrome is now doing for the google site, that
enabled it to detect the (I think it was) Iranian and/or Chinese CA
tampering, allowing them to say a "google" cert was valid that was
actually their MitM cert, as appeared in the tech-news a few months ago?
Or was that something different?

I had interpreted (well, I think I read, but either the journalist could
have been mixed up too, or maybe I was misinterpreting what I read,
either way the effect on my understanding is the same) the "certificate
stapling" referred to at the time as indicating that google configured
the certs for their own sites into chrome as shipped itself, effectively
hard-coding them, NOT as google handling its own OCSP requests, as OCSP
cert stapling does.  So now I'm wondering if I interpreted wrong then, or
if there's actually two different things being referred to as certificate
stapling, here.