Ohai,

As part of the RAP project[1], a version of Gentoo Prefix that uses its own
libc rather than relying on the host version, prefix needs some new profiles
serving this variant. While this is entirely inconsequential for most
packages, there are a handful of ebuilds that need to distinguish between the
two prefix variants.

The chief difference between the two variants from the point of view of
ebuilds is that in classic prefix, the host /usr/include is a valid include
path (as it contains libc headers), whereas in RAP prefix it is not, and
analogously so for library paths; this needs special handling for packages
with build scripts that do their own exiting custom library searching, such
as python, which needs to do certain prefix-specific hacks only for classic
prefix and not for RAP.

To this end, I'm introducing a globally masked USE flag, "prefix-guest", which
is masked in the base profile and unmasked and forced in some prefix
profiles; this flag indicates that /usr/include, /lib, and /usr/lib are valid
paths despite being on a prefix system. This flag will be on in classic
prefix, and off in prefix RAP.

I will proceed in a week, assuming no complaints arise.

-- Ruud

[1]
http://blogs.gentoo.org/news/2013/11/01/gentoo-monthly-newsletter-31-october-2013/#RAP