On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
<phajdan...@gentoo.org> wrote:
[ snip ]

> Finally, do we have a good way now to automate checks against this?

The current PMS spec, as you quoted, allows one way moves only.
For this reason, I guess that simulating the updates twice should
result in no applicable updates on the second pass, unless a "circular
dependency" is found.
Assuming that the simulation step is more or less constant time (is
it?), this could only take O(2n), O(n) normalized.

I implemented something along these lines in entropy and it spotted
the faulty slotmove lines.

--
Fabio Erculiani