On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:46:04 -0600
William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> s/month/year/
>
> Do you feel the same way then? I have heard of stabilizations taking
> this long before. I just had to try to pick something reasonable for
> the discussion.
>
> I suppose a compromise would be, instead of removing the old versions,
> move them back to ~arch for a month then remove them, but that still
> implies action on your part.
>
> William

If I need or want a feature or bugfix which isn’t in the newer version,
I always have the choice to use ~. If I don’t, why do I care if the
package is a year old? I lose none of my time to use the old version,
since it does all I want; I lose a nonzero amount of time if I get a
version which breaks things (even if the only time I lose is the time
it takes to downgrade), so it’s in my best interest to use the stable
versions of such packages, even if they’re a month, a year, or three
years old.
--
Christopher Head