On 02/25/2014 5:27 AM, Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 10:43 +0200, Samuli Suominen wrote:
>> Here is a bit better worded news item for the upgrade. I think I've
>> taken into account any concerns, but please check
>> the grammar part. Thanks!
>>
>> - Samuli
>
> CONFIG_DMIID isn't available for ARM. Can we make that warning go away
> if on ARM, so users don't pull their hair out?

This might be an x86 and ia64-specific CONFIG_* item:

Symbol: DMIID [=y]
Type  : boolean
Prompt: Export DMI identification via sysfs to userspace
  Location:
    -> Firmware Drivers
  Defined at drivers/firmware/Kconfig:91
  Depends on: DMI [=y]

Symbol: DMI [=y]
Type  : boolean
Prompt: Enable DMI scanning
  Location:
    -> Processor type and features
  Defined at arch/x86/Kconfig:748
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

# grep -rIn "config DMI" *
arch/ia64/Kconfig:104:config DMI
arch/x86/Kconfig:748:config DMI
drivers/firmware/Kconfig:91:config DMIID
drivers/firmware/Kconfig:100:config DMI_SYSFS

So all non-x86/ia64 systems (amd64/x86_64, too??) probably need to ignore
this CONFIG_* item.

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic