On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:

> Tom Wijsman wrote:
> > I'd say that if around 7 people vote on the matter that that is
> > based on a necessary amount of understanding.
>
> That is just incredibly naïve.
>
> [...]
>
> In history lessons you may have learned about majorities of populations
> supporting something the same individuals consider a pretty darn bad
> idea in hindsight, but which they were unable to decide on correctly
> at the time.
>
> You need to learn to respect what you don't know that you don't know.

You assume too much. Which is ironic, considering that you're calling us
naive.

We are not playing guessing games here.

Making a decision means that we have the proper knowledge on the matter at
hand. We can't guarantee that our decision will be correct, but we can
sleep at night knowing we did our best, with the best of intentions.

Cheers,
--
Alex Alexander
+ wired