On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Dnia 2014-03-10, o godz. 18:30:29
> William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):
>
>> Also, do not add hard dependencies to your packages on gentoo-functions.
>> The goal is to add gentoo-functions to @system once it is stable.
>
> Why? I'm pretty sure we were working on having more explicit deps
> and less @system magic. This goes exactly the opposite way.

++

Why not install it in the same place as openrc, create a virtual, and
have the two block?  Or move the file from openrc to the new package
and have openrc depend on it (probably a cleaner solution if you can
handle the transition)?

I definitely see the FHS logic in moving it out of /etc, though a
compatibility symlink should probably be maintained for some time.
I'm not sure about the config-protection implications of replacing a
file with a symlink offhand - that might require a bit of special
handling.

Packages should depend on whatever provides the script (either the
virtual or the package depending on the approach chosen), but in the
interim openrc or the virtual will be in the system set.

Rich