On 27/05/14 08:34, Michał Górny wrote:
> Dnia 2014-05-26, o godz. 23:15:34
> Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):
>
>> UPower upstream removed sys-power/pm-utils support from 0.99 release
>> (currently unkeyworded in tree), as in, from current git master.
> Don't worry. Looking at the past, I can guess this is only a temporary
> inconvenience. I'm pretty sure upower will be discontinued soon
> and replaced with systemd-powerd or something :D.

That's more or less what they already did, they forced eg.
xfce4-power-manager upstream
to move the deleted pm-utils code from upower directly to the power
manager (application)
itself, likewise for xfce4-session
Which means applications will now need to duplicate the pm-utils related
code per application
basis
So I expect upower to be more or less dead for everything but systemd
users, except for
those upstreams that will actually follow the Xfce path and do the
duplication
Yet, still, small portition of the code is still 'generic', so
xfce4-power-manager will still need
both, upower, even 0.99, and then pm-utils, depending on the version,
codepath is selected

This was sort of expected, since pm-utils has been abandoned for ~5
years now at upstream,
so nobody is maintaining non-systemd related power management tools
anymore, and
falling back to eg. manual laptop-mode-tools, acpid, etc. usage will be
necessary again,
it's like going back to 90s for non-systemd users :P

- Samuli