On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Alexander Berntsen
<berna...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Ulrich is right. Abandonware just means orphaned works -- i.e. the
> copyright holder hasn't sued anyone yet. Gentoo should not have
> anything to do with this.

I agree with you and Ulrich. That was a very poor choice of word from
my part and not what I wanted to say. I didn't mean we should
distribute distfiles without consent, but back them up to a hidden
place while it is possible to do so. Obtaining consent to mirror
updates or linux specific files of a commercial game which is not
distributed anymore when asking politely isn't unseen, because often
the editor or publisher doesn't care any longer. If you don't backup
the files first there is little chance you will get them from the
editor exactly because they don't care.

Denis.