> A third option that comes from the chromium-packagers ML:
>
> 3. Download and use the pre-built clang binaries from the Chromium project.

As a proxy maintainer of a package that also utilizes C++11
extensively in late releases, I'm also rather interested in having
gcc-4.8 in stable, or, otherwise, in solution #1 from the original
mail.

I remember though when I wrote in this maillist a few months ago about
having a build dep on clang I got an impression that it would be
rather inconvenient and discouraged, though feasible.

--
  Georg Rudoy