On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 03:22:11PM +0300, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
> Hello World!
>
> TL;DR:
>   This evening I plan to mangle ~3000 ebuilds in the main tree
>   by dropping trailing '.' in all 'DESCRIPTION=' fields (except "etc." case)
>
> Long story:
>
> As you may know newest portage release 2.2.11
> got a minor (but chatty) QA warning:
>     DESCRIPTION ends with a '.' character

Why is this a QA warning in the first place?

I don't recall a policy mandating that descriptions can't end with '.'. I
asked our QA lead about it and was told that he didn't recall that we
have an official policy about it either. Also, the devmanual never
mentions any such requirement.

If someone can point me to something I'm missing, let me know.
Otherwise, I think the warning should be removed.

William