On 8/19/14, 8:18 PM, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov wrote:
> Btw, I've noticed git.overlays.gentoo.org moved to Hetzner.
>
> When I remember my expirience of work with Hetzner - I'm scary about Gentoo'
> infrastructure destiny.

We are directly sponsored by them with at least another machine and are
happy with their services.

> I had a conversation with CEO of my current DDoS-proof hoster and he
> expressed
> his desire to "help interesting projects" and asked about the necessary
> amount
> of sponsorship and it's terms (and conditions).
>
> So, can I ask you to provide some info about infra team hardware requirements
> (which amount needs to be sponsored) and if it is any sponsoring conditions
> that Gentoo Foundation can suggest to the sponsor (maybe some banner, or
> something like that)?

Kindly consult past messages sent to the gentoo-announce list on that topic.

> Anyway, mainly I need the amount of hardware gentoo infra team requires to
> [strike]get rid of hetzner[/strike] meet their "comfortable-work"
> requirements? Then I can discuss it with hoster again and then bring together
> somebody from infra-team and hoster's CEO or CTO to discuss the terms
> themselves.

Mind you, we are not going to 'ditch' sponsors, or randomly move
services around just to use your preferred hoster, even if you establish
sponsorship contacts with them.

Alex

PS. Your signature has a typo.