On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Jauhien Piatlicki <jauh...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a simple question: why do we have systemd subprofiles only in gnome
> and kde profiles?
>
> Could we add systemd subprofiles also to default/linux/$arch/13.0/ and
> desktop (and any other profiles where it makes sense)?

I'm not sure systemd profiles actually make that much sense these
days.  To install systemd from a stage3 you basically just need to set
USE=systemd and do an emerge -uDN world.  We're actually getting close
to the point where you would pick an init system the way you pick a
kernel or cron implementation during install.

--
Rich