On 10/11/14 22:06, Rich Freeman wrote:
On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Anthony G. Basile <bluen...@gentoo.org> wrote:
I would say the following still should be fixed:

These look like some namespace issues, and different use of registers (on
x86).  #499996 is hardened specific.
Do any of these actually apply to non-hardened amd64?  I picked a few

I'm working on that. I'm not sure that #499996 is hardened i686 specific right now. I'm hitting it on vm with even the vanilla gcc so something else might be going on here.
at random using default USE flags and didn't get any build failures on
amd64 except for photivo (note that I didn't test the rest
exhaustively).  What is blocking stabilization on amd64?

The photivo was trivial, we just needed to turn on the pic flag in the hardened profile. Magnus took care of that.

This makes me wonder how much love the 32-bit toolchain is getting
these days (not just on Gentoo).  A bit of a reversal from the early
days of amd64...

Roughly, there are two classes of bugs, those that are in gcc itself because of bad implementation (usually arch specific like the situation with the poor R10000 mips), and those that gcc exposes in other packages. I don't see any of the former category right now.

--
Rich

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.