By the way, any help for maintaining the libc++ stack is very welcome;
as you can see from the age of the current snapshots, it's been some
time I've not been playing with it.

Some notes:
- why not adding a clang subprofile ? there's one for amd64-fbsd; I had
  been able to build a complete stage 3 without too much trouble.
  There's probably nothing bsd specific there, so moving
  generic code from there to profiles/features should work.
- it'd be worth fixing/improving libunwind support, esp. as you write
  here on the clang 'spec' parts; I don't remember if there were other
  issues, but it was a bit pointless if we can't get rid of libgcc_s
  because of clang (maybe there were even symbol collisions?)
- libcxxabi is probably the new way to go instead of libcxxrt; last
  time I checked there was a chicken and egg problem: libcxxabi needed
  clang + libc++ to build, so bootstrapping the stack was a bit
  painful.
- there are a few todos in libcxx ebuild (mainly libsupc++ support, but
  the same could apply to libcxxabi)
- it'd be interesting to have stand-alone ebuilds for gcc's crt files;
  or better, find BSD-like alternatives

Alexis.