On 07/11/14 14:21, Alex Xu wrote:
> On 07/11/14 07:13 AM, Samuli Suominen wrote:

>>> typical news items are in the format "<packages> no longer/now do
>>> <thing>. [<thing> is <description of <thing>>.] if you need <thing>, do
>>>
>>> [blah blah metadata, I hereby assign all copyright for the following
>>> text to the Gentoo Foundation]
>>>
>>> sys-fs/udev-217 and sys-fs/eudev-2.1 no longer provide a userspace
>>> firmware loader. If you require firmware loading support, you must use
>>> kernel 3.7 or greater with CONFIG_FW_LOADER_USER_HELPER=n. No action is
>>> required if none of your kernel modules need firmware. See [1] for more
>>> information on the upgrade.
>>>
>>> [1]: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Udev/upgrade#udev_216_to_217
>>>
>> The news item has been committed today. :-)
>>
>> Sorry for the delay. I'm running out of excuses with my health issues. :-(
>>
>> Thanks and sorry,
>> Samuli
>>
> oh, I just figured something. what about systemd? looks like
> IUSE=firmware-loader was removed in 217.

Linux 3.7 has been minimum req. for systemd for quite a while now, and I
consider systemd in Gentoo still
to be more of an work-in-progress
And someone agreed with me on #gentoo-systemd, Freenode, that it's not
necessary to include it, so I didn't

However if the maintainers want to add it, that's fine by me, easy to
add one line to the news item... I'll CC them to this
mail just in case

As in, noted

- Samuli