On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 01:36:32 +0100
hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Exherbo is already running a more modular approach, I'd be interested
> what they have to say about this or which problems they were facing.

Well the big thing is that unlike Gentoo, Exherbo was able to switch to
using Git for its repositories. On top of that, Exherbo also has proper
automated tinderbox runs (with automated conflict resolution) for
changes, including across repositories, and a much stronger culture of
accepting that breaking changes to APIs and APIs that give an error on
misuse are necessary for a quality product, and a tolerance of
developers making those changes and then applying the fixes to other
people's packages. Distributed is much easier to do if you're starting
from something which is correct and verified...

--
Ciaran McCreesh