Dnia 2014-12-07, o godz. 04:43:05
Daniel Campbell <cont...@sporkbox.us> napisał(a):

> > If you're interested in testing it, 'layman -a mgorny' and enjoy.
> > I'd appreciate any bug reports, except for those covering things
> > i've already listed as missing :). Any further comments will be
> > very helpful in deciding on the way forward.
> >
> > If there is a real interest in my fork, I will probably move it to
> > gx86 as sys-devel/gcc-mgorny. I will also be happy to work on
> > replacing the new versions of original sys-devel/gcc completely.
> > With QA process against toolchain.eclass if necessary.
>
> As a user, what would adopting this do? For instance I run ~amd64
> multilib and have had quite a time dealing with the recent multilib
> changes (specifically with Humble Bundle games). Would you recommend
> helping you test this simplified and/or cleaned up toolchain on one's
> primary system, or is it better off for more specific systems that
> don't need to be as versatile as a multi-purpose desktop machine?

I wouldn't run it on production system, or when you need crossdev with
4.9.2. If you're on Hardened or some less common system, I wouldn't try
it as the primary compiler. Also, best if you have a backup gcc or
binary package you can downgrade to (quickpkg --include-configs=y gcc).

That said, I'm running it on all my ~amd64 and ~x86 systems and it
works. I've rebuilt all packages on my devbox using it and nothing
(new) failed. However, I didn't try building it using <gcc-4.8.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny