El vie, 09-01-2015 a las 23:31 +0100, Michał Górny escribió:
[...]
> > If I don't misremember Council allowed finally people to not be mandated
> > by that "games team" policies and, then, I guess that could finally
> > allow to drop that security issue no? :/
>
> If it were that simple... but we need to clean up that long-outstanding
> mess. And we have no guarantees someone won't bring it back to us since
> the eclasses are still allowed to be used.

I agree with you, I was focusing on that concrete issue as that bug is
around for years, but I neither understand why games.eclass is not
deprecated completely as current situation will only spread the problem
of some games being handled following a different policy than others,
and leading to inconsistencies :(

But I must admit I lost the track of this issue some time ago and I
don't remember why the eclass is still allowed and then both policies
are being used in parallel depending on the maintainer, that is the
reason I haven't suggested the Council to deprecate games.eclass
finally :/