On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 9:49 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <a...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> This to me is still the ideal solution (not the || deps due to the
> issues they have, but the soft default) -- why is it that we need to
> actually choose or force a default implementation in the profiles anyhow??

I think this is an option that should probably at least be on the
table.  We seem to have about a half-dozen ways we can handle this,
and they all involve pain to users/developers/etc just in different
ways.

If this nonsense keeps up all that much longer, I wonder if we'll
start seeing everybody just bundling their preferred implementation in
their packages.

--
Rich