On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 1:30 PM, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> * teams in gentoo are a mess, because they mostly "work" without much
> communication and are sort of a "badge" for people to randomly touch
> ebuilds they are not familiar with

So, this is also something I don't like about our present structure.
It isn't universally true - some teams very much work like teams.
However, right now we don't really distinguish between teams which
really are teams, and teams which are nothing more than a many-to-many
association of devs and packages with maybe an email alias thrown into
the mix.

I'm not saying there isn't a place for less-formal teams.  However, I
think it probably would make sense to make a distinction.

It really is a separate topic though.

--
Rich