В письме от Вс, 1 марта 2015 20:36:03 пользователь Ben de Groot написал:

> Or maybe one of the other lua package maintainers has plans?

Not that I'm in-tree lua maintainer, but as Lua-overlay contributor and lua-
fanboy, I'd suggest to unmask all lua-interpreters and make them slotted just
as python/ruby/whatever. And provide a eselect-lua (I had ebuild for it
somewhere).

Although, there is single issue: precompiled bytecode isn't compatible between
even "5.1" PUC-Rio Lua and LuaJIT, and, of course, AFAIR, between Lua5
releases.

But I don't think Lua-users do not know about that, so I don't think it is a
real problem.

--
Best regards,
mva