On 29/03/15 20:28, Michał Górny wrote:
Dnia 2015-03-29, o godz. 19:59:19
Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
According to emerge --info, ABI_X86 seems to append, not override. In
make.conf:

    ABI_X86="32"

Then:

    $ emerge --info | grep -i abi_x86

You get:

    ABI_X86="32 64"

"64" seems to be always there. You cannot override it. Using
ABI_X86="32" in make.conf seems to only append "32" to the default.

Portage may do that because it's forced by default. But some packages
'unforce' it, and that's when it matters.

If this is not the case, and "*/* abi_x86_32" in package.use really does
something different, then this is implemented in a way too confusing for
people and should be considered a bug :-/

Yes, USE support in make.conf is a big pile of random misbehaviors
and bugs that need to be killed with fire.

Looks like I'm moving USE flags and abi_x86_32 into package.use...

I hope that doesn't compromise emerge --info output for bugzilla issues?