On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Davide Pesavento <p...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> qt is a pretty significant package to have break with multilib, and
>> trying to run qt-5 on a stable system is already a nightmare with the
>> qtchooser switch (in my case I ended up abandoning qt5 as I didn't
>> need it that badly).
>
> I'm not sure how qt5 is relevant to this discussion.

As I understand it, qt5 cannot be installed side-by-side with the
current stable qt4, but it can be installed side-by-side with 4.8.6.
My understanding is that this is the result of the same overall
ebuild/eclass changes.  Therefore, it is another reason to stabilize
4.8.6.  You are correct that it has nothing to do with the multilib
changes otherwise.

--
Rich