On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 9:03 AM, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Having a proper review workflow/platform increases the contribution
> factor of the community. And not just that.

Define "contribution factor."  If you mean the number of people
writing patches vs the number of people with commit access, I'll
agree.  If you mean the absolute commit rate to the repository, I'd
say that I have no reason to think that this is true.

> I'm also not going to give real-world examples of such workflows in big
> projects: just head over to github.

We already have the same workflow in Gentoo.  Anybody can submit a
pull request to the git mirror of the main tree.  It will get reviewed
and committed.  We just don't exclude direct commits.

--
Rich