On Sat, 30 May 2015 14:54:42 -0400
Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> an example warning message:
>  * QA Notice: The following files were not built with LFS support:
>  *   Please file a bug at http://bugs.gentoo.org/ and mark it as a
> blocker of 471102.
>  *   See that tracker bug (https://bugs.gentoo.org/471102) for more
> details.
>  * fopen@@GLIBC_2.1 bin/route
>  * fopen@@GLIBC_2.1 bin/ifconfig
>  * fopen@@GLIBC_2.1 bin/hostname
>  *
> __fxstat@@GLIBC_2.0,open@@GLIBC_2.0,fopen@@GLIBC_2.1,readdir@@GLIBC_2.0
> bin/netstat
>  * fopen@@GLIBC_2.1 sbin/nameif
>  * fopen@@GLIBC_2.1 sbin/ipmaddr
>  * fopen@@GLIBC_2.1 sbin/arp
>  * fopen@@GLIBC_2.1 sbin/iptunnel
>  * fopen@@GLIBC_2.1 sbin/rarp
>  * open@@GLIBC_2.0,creat@@GLIBC_2.0,fopen@@GLIBC_2.1 sbin/slattach

nice, but can't we add the lfs flags to our default toolchain flags or
even better patch glibc headers to always redefine these functions to
the 64bits variants?

I don't understand why one should add append-lfs-flags to almost every
single package out there. Freebsd has been doing this since version 7.
And even dropped the 32bits symbols when going to libc.so.7 I think.

Some packages might break with such a change, but they're already
half-broken according to your e-mail, so those are the ones that should
be fixed.

Alexis.