Hi,

I have plans to split ?/cargo-bin [1] package from the dev-lang/rust-bin
one. We have already dev-rust/cargo package in the rust overlay[2].

It would be logical to have dev-rust/cargo-bin package then. But there
is a problem: it will be the only package in this category in the tree
and it is not welcome to have categories with small number of packages.
Other rust stuff will appear, but later (with no estimate), as a number
of problems with packaging source rust packages should be solved before
(afaik upstream also has plans to improve rust packaging). The same
about moving source cargo to the tree.

So what is better, create dev-util/cargo-bin package and later, when
rust infrastructure grows, move it to the dev-rust category or create
new category now?

[1] https://crates.io/
[2] https://github.com/Heather/gentoo-rust

--