Hi,

I'd like to propose a new kind of DEPEND syntax: <>

This would mean "Any version but the one specified" and is usefull when
you have a dependency on another package but a single version of it is
not compatible for example.

I currently have this case in app-backup/obnam which is not compatible
to =dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0

In DEPEND I now have this:

  !=dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0
  || ( <dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0 >dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0 )

which does the trick, but I think much more straight forward would be:

  <>dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0

which would be the exact opposite of =dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0

An alternate syntax would be (but I'd prefer the former):

  !=dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0

What do you think and would is the proper way to suggest this for a new
EAPI?  A new bug? On what?

TIA
-Marc

--