On 9/29/15 3:32 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> The thing is that I think the libressl authors are shooting themselves
> in the feet.  When upstreams do this sort of thing they think they're
> making the upgrade path easier by not changing their symbol names.  In
> reality, they're making the upgrade path harder by preventing
> side-by-side adoption of the new solution.

Yeah, it's not that obvious how to handle it best.

Curious - how would the alternative look like? My reasoning is that if
upstream changes symbols, that makes it easy for a distro to install it
side-by-side. However, for anything to use such modified lib, they'd
need to change all callers to use the alternative function names,
wouldn't they?

Paweł