On 10/04/2015 03:08, Duncan wrote:
> Dale posted on Sun, 04 Oct 2015 01:06:43 -0500 as excerpted:
>
>> P. S.  I'm getting a error message on your OpenPGP.  I get this:
>> "Error - No valid armored OpenPGP data block found".
>> If that is caused by something on your end, may want to look into it.
>
> That bit's easily explained -- the PGP trigger token (begin pgp
> signed..., not duplicating it exactly here to prevent a similar problem)
> remained in the material quoted (several levels deep, in fact) from an
> earlier post.  Your client obviously triggered on it even embedded in the
> quote, however, understandably rather confusing you.
>
> You might consider filing that as a bug with SeaMonkey upstream, since
> trying to PGP-verify within a quote is fraught with so many problems,
> including attribution confusion if by some miracle the quoted material
> can be correctly detected and separated from the quote markers and hasn't
> been rewrapped or otherwise damaged, so that it actually does verify,
> that it's not a good idea.  The problem of course is knowing that it's a
> quote and thus not to trigger, but being a part of a multi-line block of
> text with initial ">" markers is reasonable enough indication of it being
> in a quote, I'd say, even if other styles of quoting aren't so accurately
> detectable.

Probably more Enigmail upstream.  Or does Mozilla Seamonkey include PGP/GPG
functionality?  I only use the browser component of that.  Been using
Thunderbird+Enigmail for quite a long time for PGP/GPG.  enigmail is picking up
on the embedded PGP marker as well and displaying a blue bar for me on some of
the messages in this thread.

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And our
lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic