Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 1:08 AM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then perhaps all this should have been worked out BEFORE switching to
>> github?
> We didn't switch to github.

Then why are people saying to use git to look at the logs?   I don't
want to use git.  I liked being able to go to the tree and look at the
change logs when I needed to which is sometimes often.  Now, that is
gone because it is somewhere else and people are saying to use git to
get them.  Sounds like a switch to me.

>> I don't mind change but it seem this one wasn't really ready to be done
>> yet although most made it sound like it was.
> IMO we took too long as it is.  I'd have pushed it faster, but just as
> I don't have access to fix this bug I didn't have access to implement
> git, and those with access wanted to keep Changelogs, so we did.
>
> If you haven't already gotten the impression, Gentoo is mostly a
> conglomeration of various associations of devs who tend to do their
> own thing, each with different sets of knowledge/access.  When there
> is a direct conflict between two groups we generally (if often not
> enthusiastically) accept the votes of the Council to settle disputes.
> For the most part the Council has the ability to tell devs to NOT do
> things.  When something needs to be done somebody has to step up and
> do it.  Complaining on the lists mainly seems to de-motivate people
> from working on anything.  By all means point out that something isn't
> working, but attitudes tend to be contagious.

Yea, breaking things does tend to start attitudes when the people that
break them act like it isn't their problem to fix when they broke it.  I
didn't do anything to remove the logs.  That wasn't me and it wasn't a
few others that want/need them back either.  Argue and point the finger
somewhere else if you want but I didn't create the problem, the devs
that supported this move did and it seems it wasn't as well thought as
some of us users was lead to believe.  How about fixing it now.   I
might add, this makes me very leery of trusting changes like this in the
future.  If something as important as logs can't be thought about before
doing something like this, then what else can be overlooked in the
future?  As it is, it seems like that could be a lot.

Dale

:-)  :-)