Le dimanche 13 décembre 2015 à 18:25 +0200, Alon Bar-Lev a écrit :
> On 13 December 2015 at 18:20, Gilles Dartiguelongue <e...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > I was trying to cleanup my local USE flag settings and stumbled on
> > the
> > following three: smartcard, pcsc-lite and pkcs11.
> >
> > Knowing all 3 are related, I greped use.local.desc to see what each
> > meant for different packages. To sum up what I found:
> >  * pcsc-lite is basically: enable smartcard support through
> > <pkg>sys-
> > apps/pcsc-lite</pkg>
> >  * pkcs11: enabled PKCS#11 (smartcard) via $pkg
> >
> > These look like the same thing to me so I propose we merge them all
> > into USE=smartcard as this is the feature being enabled, not the
> > lib or
> > the standard being used to access the hardware if any.
>
> pcsc-lite and PKCS#11 interfaces are both related to smartcards but
> different unrelated interfaces. I am unsure merging them will serve
> the purpose for applications that are capable of supporting more than
> one interface.

> also, please notice that PKCS#11 is not all about smartcards, but an
> interface to any cryptographic hardware.

I agree with your points, my point is that it seems most of the time,
both use flags are used in place of smartcard (or another name if this
one does not fit in your opinion).

According to local description, app-mobilephone/gnoki, net-
libs/libosmocore and net-misc/rdesktop at least should be using
USE=smartcard instead of USE=pcsc-lite

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <e...@gentoo.org>
Gentoo