Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> >> If anyone has a concrete idea that works better, it's not too late to
> >> change it.
> >
> > Add code to init script and service file to check the config before
> > starting the program, and react if PHP5 is still set.
>
> Which init script?

For Apache.

> It's only "bad" to have PHP5 set if the user has installed
> >=eselect-php-0.8.1, and run it at least once.

So pkg_postinst for >=eselect-php-0.8.1 should say something, but
ideally also the invocation - but I don't know if eselect-php is also
code or only data managed by eselect?

> You don't want to e.g. kill working php-5.x installations for people
> who have apache keyworded ~arch.

IMO that would be a much lesser evil than serving source in another
case, as long as it is clear how to unkill (sed s,PHP5,PHP,) the setup.

//Peter