On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 18:45:20 +0100
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> If I see a package that clearly doesn't build or otherwise simply
> doesn't work, could not have worked for past 3 years, are you forcing
> me to waste a time reporting a bug to no maintainer who could fix it?

sure, don't waste your time and just delete it so that nobody can track
why it was removed or even attempt to fix it.

> Because to me, the lack of any open bugs is a clear evidence that
> the package is not only unmaintained, but also unused.

lack of open bug means there is no known bug; anything else is pure
supposition

if you see a package that "could not have worked for past 3 years", you
open a bug, cc treecleaners or lastrite it yourself, and it will be
quickly gone