On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:37:15 +0100
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> I've finished the GLEP 67 transition last night, and it officially
> applies to all metadata.xml files now.

Great!

> In order to have repoman apply it correct (and not throw errors on new
> metadata.xml files), it needs to refetch metadata.dtd. Sadly, this
> currently happens once a week, so it's better to remove the file
> manually to force refetch:
>
>   rm "$(portageq envvar DISTDIR)"/metadata.dtd

I might be asking this for a second time, but why does repoman download
the metadata.dtd at all? If one fetches from
git://../gentoo-mirror/gentoo (or via rsync, afaik) it is included
in /usr/portage/metadata/dtd/.

For me, it's in fact very annoying when repoman wants to download
metatdata.dtd, as my "normal" unix user isn't a member of the portage
group.

By the way, the herds.xml file is still available at
https://api.gentoo.org/packages/herds.xml and can probably be removed
from there as well.

--
Regards,