On 02/02/16 23:36, Ryan Hill wrote:
> On Mon,  1 Feb 2016 12:08:28 +0100
> Justin Lecher <j...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> while tracking down the following error when running "egencache"
>>
>> GENTOO.GIT//eclass/wxwidgets.eclass: line 84: get_libdir: command not found
>> GENTOO.GIT//eclass/wxwidgets.eclass: line 84: get_libdir: command not found
>> GENTOO.GIT//eclass/wxwidgets.eclass: line 84: get_libdir: command not found
>> GENTOO.GIT//eclass/wxwidgets.eclass: line 84: get_libdir: command not found
>> GENTOO.GIT//eclass/wxwidgets.eclass: line 84: get_libdir: command not found
>> GENTOO.GIT//eclass/wxwidgets.eclass: line 84: get_libdir: command not found
>> GENTOO.GIT//eclass/wxwidgets.eclass: line 84: get_libdir: command not found
>> GENTOO.GIT//eclass/wxwidgets.eclass: line 84: get_libdir: command not found
>> GENTOO.GIT//eclass/wxwidgets.eclass: line 84: get_libdir: command not found
>>
>> I found that the global scope get_libdir() usage of the wxwidgets.eclass
>> doens't work on EAPI=6. The following patches correct some minor things
>> and block EAPI=6 for now until the eclass is ready.
>>
>> Justin Lecher (5):
>>   wxwidgets.eclass: Update Copyright year
>>   wxwidgets.eclass: Fix whitespaces
>>   wxwidgets.eclass: unset unneeded variables in global scope after usage
>>   wxwidgets.eclass: Only inherit eclass ones
>>   wxwidgets.eclass: Add EAPI support
>>
>>  eclass/wxwidgets.eclass | 33 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
>>  1 file changed, 24 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
>>

> 1. I don't think most of this is necessary but go ahead I guess.

Most of them are trivial, but excluding EAPI=6 from supported EAPIs is
essential. The usage of get_libdir needs to be moved to a phase
function. Which should perhaps be coupled with an env variable which is
checked in the later function to ensure the phase function has been run.

> 2. When did we start posting every @&#$! eclass change to g-dev?  File a bug
> like a normal person.  (There's already one open you could have used)

I feel pretty "normal" when sending eclass changes to g-dev. Having code
reviewed which influences a larger number of packages at once in the
most public and open way is something we should strive for, isn't it?