On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Could we please finally stop introducing global USE flags that are
> going to only be used by a single package? make.conf already looks like
> random mix of randoms these days, with some extra random cruft being
> added every second Tuesday.

This is an interesting point, which I hadn't thought much about.

It seems USE_EXPAND is really popular. What does it bring that has all
these advantages over normal USE flags? It seems like APACHE2_MPMS,
APACHE2_MODULES and CURL_SSL could just be normal USE flags with some
REQUIRED_USE stuff.

Actually, I'm not really sure I understand why we can't use normal USE
flags for CPU_FLAGS_X86 or PYTHON_TARGETS, either.

Cheers,

Dirkjan