Rich Freeman posted on Tue, 09 Feb 2016 13:29:04 -0500 as excerpted:

> This isn't holding back systemd, and doesn't really have anything to do
> with systemd at all.

/Now/ you and I (both systemd users) are on the same page, here. =:^)

The outcome of this debate isn't going to affect systemd users like us,
anyway.  It's primarily a debate about what's the better choice for users
who have already chosen, for better or for worse, _not_ to use systemd,
and only matters to systemd users to the degree that we continue to care
about the experience of gentooers who have already made the non-systemd
choice, which both you and I, as gentooers first and systemd users
second, continue to strongly support _as_ a viable choice, or we'd
arguably not be very good gentooers after all. =:^)