On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:41:58 +0100
"Justin Lecher (jlec)" <j...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 15/02/16 15:35, Michał Górny wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:37:41 +0100

> >> That makes definitely make sense. We will add one.
> >>
> >> Although nobody other then the maintainer of this eclass will ever use it.
> >>

> > Remember that maintainers can change. It's better to have good then
> > have new maintainers figure out all stuff over again.

> >> I already wondered about this. Is there any way to force a variable to
> >> be an array in bash? Or define it as an empty array?
> >
> > Look at e.g. python-utils-r1.
> >
> > To check for array:
> >
> >   if [[ $(declare -p foo) != "declare -a"* ]]; then
> >   fi
> >
> > To default to empty, simple (yet a bit imperfect) way:
> >
> >   [[ ${foo[@]} }] || foo=()
>
> And what about the default assignment for the man page?

Have no clue. I think someone mentioned some hack somewhere. Or maybe
we could finally fix eclass-manpages script to handle this.

> >> This is needed for nice formatting. Otherwise there is no line break
> >
> > Add an empty line between the two. That should do it correctly, without
> > code blocks in devmanual.
>
> That will introduce an empty line between the two points.

Which is quite correct. And in any case, it's definitely not worse than
what you're causing now:

https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/intel-sdp.eclass/index.html

> >> no, because the first has ${INTEL_X86}.rpm as suffeix and the later has
> >> ${INTEL_X86}.rpm.
> >
> > Errrrr... am I reading wrong, or did you just type the same thing twice?
>
> right, it should be ${INTEL_X86}.rpm vs noarch.rpm

Well, I think you still could handle this with some extra code
and conditionals, at least reduced code duplication.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny