Hi,

I am Ankita Shukla, a Computer Science senior undergraduate at Indian
Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India.

I have applied to Gentoo project 'Extensions for the Gentoo Wiki'.
The Gentoo Wiki has been the main documentation source for Gentoo for well
over two years now. It has plenty of content, but a few features (in the
form of extensions) need to be added to the software, MediaWiki, to provide
even better documentation.
Developing and integrating these extensions with the Gentoo Wiki will make
the wiki easier to use and people more efficient. At the end of the summer,
four new extensions would be added to the Gentoo wiki, including:

   - A document export pipeline for PDF and other common e-reader formats
   for the Gentoo Handbook.
   - Improve Handbook navigation on smartphones
   - Fork-a-page: A way for contributors to fork pages that are read-only
   for them, implement improvements, and allow the privileged developers to
   merge them back in easily.
   - Kernel configuration documentation: Ingest a set of .config parameters
   (CONFIG_FOO=M) and render the location and description for a set of current
   kernel versions.

The first point here
<https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2016/Ideas#Students.2C_please_read_this_first>
says
that I need to clone one of the repos and submit a patch for a bug and also
says that 'Your contact in Gentoo can help you determine which SCM and
repository you should use for this as well as a good bug to fix. ' :)

So, it would be really awesome if I could get a direction to some easy bugs
to fix. I'm looking for them too! :D

*Project Idea* -
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2016/Ideas/Extensions_for_the_Gentoo_Wiki

*Proposal* -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z8cOhYXn9JOK8MDObX12xUBfS-XaZ5b4iQ4iFchUVqA/edit#

*A small intro:*
I am Ankita Shukla, a Computer Science senior undergraduate at Indian
Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India.
I am a regular MediaWiki contributor and have also developed an extension
Spelling Dictionary [
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SpellingDictionary, CODE -
https://git.wikimedia.org/log/mediawiki%2Fextensions%2FSpellingDictionary ]
for Gnome Outreachy Round#9 [https://www.gnome.org/opw/#participants]
(previously OPW). I also delivered a talk on the extension in the FOSSASIA
conference (March 18-20, 2016). I had also opened some tasks for Google
Code In 2015 in the same extension and was a mentor for them.
I’m also a big time Linux enthusiast. I've been using and experimenting
with different distros - had started off with Ubuntu, changed to Elementary
OS Luna and right now working on Linux MInt!

Looking forward to hearing from all of you! :)

--
Thanks and Regards,

Ankita Shukla
Computer Science Engineering