On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 09:11:48PM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
> On 4/8/16 8:42 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
>

> > It is true that we offer a high degree of choice to users, but one of
> > those choices is not which paths to install binaries and libraries
> > into.
>
> I thought vapier was introducing a switch USE=usr-sep which allowed us
> to keep an unmerged /usr, or are we completely eliminating this choice?

This use flag, sep-usr, has nothing to do with the /usr merge. It was
added as a way to allow a few more people to use separate /usr
configurations (this means/ and /usr on separate
filesystems) without initramfs, before the council decided that all who
have separate /usr should be using an initramfs.

Separate /usr does not preclude merging / into /usr.

William