On 24 May 2016 at 08:08, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nope.  It doesn't work that way.  Try this:

> Send a empty email to that and I think you have to confirm.
>
> Dale

A nice approach I recently saw to this problem on another mailing list
was they had somebody who *could* manually remove people from mailing
lists,
and they'd respond with something along the lines of "We've done this
for you now, but if anyone wants to do this, just email ...
blahblahblah+unsubscribe themselves".

That makes the effort less for the person requesting removal, and
reduces their margin of error.

Whether or not gentoo can/wants to do the same, eh.

Just when I saw it I though "Nice, this is waaay better then the
standard 'you did wrong, try again' ".

--
Kent