Ühel kenal päeval, R, 27.05.2016 kell 14:10, kirjutas
waltd...@waltdnes.org:
>   While we're at it, why are there 23 occurences of the "X" useflag
> in
> /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc when it exists in
> /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc ???  I'm talking about stuff like...
>
> app-misc/vifm:X - Add support for X11
> dev-libs/m17n-lib:X - Builds the Graphical User Interface API and
> utilities for the package.
> dev-libs/wlc:X - Enable X11 backend and XWayland support.
> dev-python/PyQt4:X - Build bindings for the QtGui module
> dev-python/pyside:X - Build QtGui and QtTest modules

Because they specify in more details what the USE flag does
specifically, in the context of that package.
Such more exact local descriptions are something I at least personally
strongly advocate in favour of.
app-misc/vifm local desc seems redundant though, but the rest listed
here seem useful and necessary.

Mart