Ühel kenal päeval, K, 01.06.2016 kell 15:18, kirjutas Dirkjan Ochtman:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> > Excuse me but are you really serious? We are in this swamp because
> > someone tried to be too smart. And what solution do you propose?
> > Let's add another layer of complexity and smartness, for a single
> > variable. Obviously nothing can go wrong with this.
>
> Please stop the derogatory remarks and unnecessary cynicism. If you
> think some proposed solution is a bad idea, just explain why you
> think
> it's a bad idea. Not everyone has the same perspective as you on
> these
> things; nor are they likely to be converted to your stance by your
> scolding them.

+1
Especially given the followup mail.
Really unprofessional.

So lets have users set multiple variables for the same thing, so it's
done properly because users need to care about env variable intricacies
in package management deep guts.
That said, maybe indeed better to force them to set it twice, as
discussed in my followup mail.

Mart