On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 22:24:20 +0200
Ulrich Mueller <u...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > That said, I think we could go with some generic idea like this
> > (assumes new GUI expand is being used):
>
> > [...]
>
> > 2. Packages use REQUIRED_USE to force an appropriate choice.
>
> That would be a policy violation. Packages should pick a reasonable
> default if flags are conflicting, but not force users to micro-manage
> their flags.

Who did establish that *idiotic* policy and why is he still
a developer? The whole *point of USE Flags* is to let people
micro-manage stuff. Picking up a random default makes flags
meaningless, confusing and makes it impossible to establish
appropriate USE dependencies.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny