Ühel kenal päeval, N, 11.08.2016 kell 11:23, kirjutas james:
> Whilst devs are discussing the future of Valve's offerings on
> gentoo,
> it'd be wise to consider the effects of "Vulcan" as it is FOSS where
> all
> video card vendors can inter-operate with multiple game vendors.
> Vulcan
> will impact  those gaming codes, as Vulcan seems to be the clear
> pathway
> forward for Valve related to Open Source communities [1 3].

I have no idea what Vulcan is, besides the race in Star Trek or Roman
god, but Vulkan is tracked in https://bugs.gentoo.org/574886 and Intel
support in https://bugs.gentoo.org/580148

I was going to look into it as well on basis of Intel Vulkan with
dota2, but on that machine Steam doesn't even work anymore due to
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/4537
so got rather demotivated. Basically a case where having a fully
working setup without steam runtime should also fix it. Current main
machine has Radeon Evergreen and so no current Vulkan implementation to
play with.

Mart