Ühel kenal päeval, P, 25.09.2016 kell 23:08, kirjutas Michał Górny:
> I'd like to introduce a new USE_EXPAND for LLVM & clang. It'd be
> named
> LLVM_TARGETS, and it's going to replace the current solution based on
> USE=multitarget & VIDEO_CARDS=radeon.
>
> - VIDEO_CARDS=radeon enabled additional R600 target,

No. It enables AMDGPU target these days, which is for the modern stuff
and very much needed by them.
r600 stuff was in the llvm 3.3-3.6 era, which was used by old
experimental mesa[r600-llvm-compiler] as an alternative shader compiler
for r600 instead of builtin mesa stuff. This work has been ditched long
ago afaik.
Instead now VIDEO_CARDS=radeon is required on llvm for radeonsi and
later AMD GPUs for _ANY_ shader compiler support at all, plus other
things (from it adding AMDGPU to llvm targets in current ebuild).

> The new system will be applied to 3.9.0 and 9999 ebuilds. VIDEO_CARDS
> flag will be removed completely because of no revdeps.

People with radeonsi graphics set VIDEO_CARDS=radeon already, I'm a bit
reserved about having to force them to set some LLVM_TARGETS=radeon or
LLVM_TARGETS=amdgpu on top of that to satisfy some USE depends on
mesa[video_cards_radeon].