El mar, 06-12-2016 a las 22:15 +0100, Michał Górny escribió:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 12:54:26 -0500
> Mike Gilbert <flop...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 6:13 AM, konsolebox <konsole...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Please consider promoting the use of tinfo flag in packages that
> > > depend on sys-libs/ncurses so that they would synchronize
> > > properly
> > > with sys-libs/ncurses[tinfo].
> >
> > I would rather see the tinfo USE flag removed from ncurses.
>
> vapier doesn't consider this QA violation a QA violation.
>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/487844

Well, I think I have seen other packages with this similar behavior...
perl[ithreads] I think is one of them :/ Then, I wouldn't focus this in
a fight between QA violations or not :| Otherwise we will end up with
endless arguments focusing on this fights instead of trying to handle
the concrete issue.

I agree that this is really ugly... but probably we would need to
handle each case in particular. The problem is that I don't know what
is the correct approach for this case... I would think about enabling
tinfo always... but probably it breaks reverse deps badly :/ Anyway, I
think Fedora is enabling it always, then, it shouldn't be too hard.

What people from base-system think about this? What is the advantage of
allowing people to switch this behavior?