On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 23:11:33 -0800
Christopher Head <ch...@chead.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 16:47:41 +0100
> Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > So the only real consumer is GHDL -- yet another case when someone
> > thought it'd be fun to use a fringe language to implement something
> > useful... However, it seems to be undermaintained in Gentoo as well,
> > not bumped for a long time.
> >

> Undermaintained perhaps, but it works. Not a lot of bugs filed. Would a
> pull request be sufficient to stop this package I use from being
> steamrollered into oblivion? I honestly wasn’t hoping to spend my
> holidays learning how the GCC build system works, but if I’m left with
> no other choice, then I possibly might look into it. I won’t bother
> though if there’s some reason why it wouldn’t be accepted anyway,
> because people don’t want Gnat or GHDL in the tree.

There's no hurry. I'm not really into one-time-fix-then-abandoned
business but there's no reason to lastrite it in a hurry. First I'm
trying to figure out:

a) if there are people interested in forming an Ada project, or if Ada
packages should be looking for dedicated maintainers,

b) which of the Ada packages are actually needed/used.

Would it be fine with you if we kept gnat-gcc and ghdl? (but lastrited
dev-ada/*)

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny