On 01/02/2017 09:27 AM, Gokturk Yuksek wrote:
> Alexander Shorin:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Thanks for sharing. Would be nice see updated README file (it contains
>> outdated links to Not Found pages) and add few notes about comparison
>> of your solution with collectd, ussd and the rest modern stats
>> collecting tools.
>> How better it  suites Gentoo machines and why to use it today instead
>> of any existed and mature tool?
>
> We are interested in different kinds of stats with gentoostats. The main
> purpose of gentoostats is to collect package statistics, and currently
> it does so by utilizing the Portage API. Here's a sample output from the
> gentoostats-cli tool that may give you a better idea:
>
> $ gentoostats-cli search --c sys-apps --p portage --v 2.3.0 --r gentoo
> --min_hosts 4
> Search results
> [{'CAT': 'sys-apps',
>   'HOSTS': 5,
>   'PKG': 'portage',
>   'REPO': 'gentoo',
>   'VER': '2.3.0'}]
>
> There is also other Gentoo-specific information it collects such as this:
>
> $ gentoostats-cli list arch
> Arch
> {'amd64': {'HOSTS': 4}, 'x86': {'HOSTS': 1}}
>
>> --
>> ,,,^..^,,,
>>

> --
> gokturk

Is it too late to suggest more standard flags? `--c` for example doesn't
make sense to me since '--' is used more for GNU long options. So it
should be '--category' and '-c' instead. Of course that's just my
opinion, so take it with salt as usual. :)

Still, interesting project and I might run it on a machine if it can
help us out.

--
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net